Fund Accountant (Graduate role)
To support our ongoing growth, our Langham Hall graduate roles provide excellent candidates with the opportunity to learn and train in a structured environment, broad work exposure and, to progress their career quickly. They will receive study support towards their preferred accountancy qualification (e.g. HKICPA, ACCA, CPA), mentoring and have the opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative, social, stable and supportive environment.
Training and Qualification support:
- We offer full training and support via our ‘Asia – Personal Development Programme’. This covers technical training such as in private equity and real estate funds and understanding the impact of latest accounting standards and exposure drafts applicable to clients. In addition, non-technical skill development is provided such as to include communication, effective team working and organisational skills training.
- We also offer external examination support including paid exam leave, exam fee support and, practical experience mentoring) to graduates pursuing their professional accountancy qualification
- Supporting the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and U.S. GAAP and quarterly investor reporting with financial performance calculations such as multiples and IRR
- Liaison with the client’s working team members
- Maintenance of the full sets of accounts for the fund structure using our Private Equity implementation financial accounting system
- Provide ongoing compliance support for clients including AML/KYC, FATCA and Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Supporting the technical calculation of capital call / distribution and preparation of correspondence in accordance with the legal documents of the fund
- Supporting the client during the year-end audit, including the preparation of audit schedules
- Accounting graduates with a strong academic track and a suitable accounting focused degree
- 1-2 years accounting experience is helpful but not essential
- Audit experience or background is welcome
- Non-accounting graduates with a view to pursue professional accounting qualification will also be considered
- Intention to make a career as an accountant and pursue a professional accounting qualification
- A positive attitude, a sense of satisfaction from doing your best and self-discipline are all essential
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in using accounting packages for bookkeeping and report production is helpful but not essential
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience, including the ability to produce neatly presented work
Please email email@example.com with your resume including detail of your full academic record including exams taken and grades obtained from high school through university (transcripts are not required at this stage) and work experience. Please also provide your current and expected salary.