Trainee fund administrators
Reports to: Manager
Reference: Please note all applicants for jobs in the Jersey, Channel Islands office must be entitled or entitled to work in order to apply for these positions.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individuals to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team. The Trainee administrator will be part of a team, working on a range of matters providing administration, management and secretarial services for established and new Real Estate and Private Equity Funds. The Trainee Administrator will work closely with the Administrators, Senior Administrators or other designated supervisors.
The candidate will assist with servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity and real estate fund clients.
There will also be a number of responsibilities including assisting with the distribution of call and distribution notices, interpretation of agreements, assessing client profitability, dealing with accounting, administration and other client related issues, cash management tasks, invoice tracking and recording and other day to day functions.
In addition to these tasks, the candidate will also have the opportunity to be involved in the take-on and setting-up of clients within the business, giving the individual exposure to a wide variety of high quality clients.
There will be a number of interesting and varied ad hoc projects.
This is a position best suited to an enthusiastic individual who is eager to progress a career in fund administration and works well in a team with a willingness to commit to professional qualifications when required.
Duties and responsibilities:
Client relationships and administration:
- Being involved in all aspects of Real Estate and Private Equity Fund administration and coordination of Company Secretarial duties;
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds which are typically Limited Partnerships, Fund Company’s and SPVs;
- The maintenance of investor details and investor related documentation, assisting with calls and distributions, creating and maintaining LHFMJ’s own records of a portfolio of clients; billing and cash collection;
- The candidate will be required to participate in the creation and maintenance of Fund Company investor registers or Limited Partner registers.
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the Limited Partnership Agreement and other material agreements or legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the Fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility;
- Daily cash management tasks across a number of bank accounts. To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and to some degree, systems;
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's operation including review of profitability and identification of new products or billing opportunities on existing clients.
Assisting with the take-on and set-up of new clients, including:
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients;
- Creation of new SPVs, Limited Partnerships and Trusts, and play a pivotal role in the completion and satisfaction of LHFMJ’s KYC / AML policy for all new entities or investors;
- Ad hoc projects to assist the Managers and Directors with growing the business.
- In addition to the duties listed above, the Trainee administrator may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by management.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- The candidate will receive training and coaching required and it is not expected that the candidate hold any material prior experience in fund administration.
- The candidate will need to become familiar with statutory requirements and corporate governance matters, be proficient in organising board meetings for various purposes such as the acquisition and disposal of investments, admitting new investors or amendments to material fund documentation.
- The ability to develop an understanding of the agreements associated with private equity real estate and interpretation of terms within including LPA, debt documentation, sale and purchase agreements, leases etc.
- Ability to write business correspondence and deal with routine emails, enquiries and telephone calls.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other team members and especially clients.
- The candidate must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organisational and time management skills are essential as is the ability to work within a team.
- Internal systems, controls and procedures – training will be given on the internal applications used and the job holder will become familiar with the controls and procedures in place. Training will also be given in relation to KYC.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Word processing, Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent. Preferably completion of a degree or similar and a willingness to study for a relevant professional qualification.