Reports to: Manager
We currently have opportunities for school leavers / graduates to join our Jersey office. The individuals will be part of a team, working on a range of matters providing administration, management and secretarial services for established and new Real Estate and Private Equity Funds. The individuals will work closely with the Administrators, Senior Administrators or other designated supervisors. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
Duties and responsibilities:
Client relationships and administration:
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds which are typically Limited Partnerships, Fund Companies and SPVs;
- The maintenance of investor details and investor related documentation, assisting with calls and distributions, creating and maintaining LHFMJ’s own records of a portfolio of clients; billing and cash collection;
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of Fund Company investor registers or Limited Partner registers.
- Become familiar with the Limited Partnership Agreement and other material agreements or legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the Fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility;
- To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and to some degree, systems;
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's operation including review of profitability and identification of new products or billing opportunities on existing clients
Assisting with the take-on and set up of new clients, including:
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients;
- Creation of new SPVs, Limited Partnerships and Trusts, and play a pivotal role in the completion and satisfaction of LHFMJ’s KYC / AML policy for all new entities or investors;
- Ad hoc projects to assist the Managers and Directors with growing the business.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Trainee administrator may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by management.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- The ability to develop an understanding of the agreements associated with private equity real estate and interpretation of terms within including LPA, debt documentation, sale and purchase agreements, leases etc.
- Deal with routine emails and enquiries
- Respond to questions from other team members and especially clients.
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential as is the ability to work within a team.
- Internal systems, controls and procedures
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Word processing, Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.
Experience / Qualifications:
Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent. Preferably completion of a degree or similar and a willingness to study for a relevant professional qualification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.