Technical Team Fund Accountant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Real Estate
Reference: Permanent, flexible - part time (3 days expected).
This role is a part time role which could be done in 3 days a week within a small and growing technical team which supports the activities of our client facing administrative services teams. The role has a number of different aspects and will require someone with an evolved accounting experience and understanding, an appetite for delving in to a potentially new and always evolving market sector, with an ability to develop and provide a range of technical support, technical review and help drive the ongoing innovation of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the client facing teams.
- Complete reviews of sets of accounts and investor transactions across the Real Estate client base.
- Resolve ad-hoc technical queries arising from the administration teams.
- Aid the management and progression of various related projects across the business such as driving process standardisation and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Directing the preparation of, and directly reviewing complex accounting deliverables when requested (e.g. Unit Pricing, Waterfall models, etc.).
- Develop a deep understanding of the technical environment and requirements of our client reporting outputs.
- Research new and challenging areas of technical exposure for the administration teams.
- Build a repository of answers to Technical Team mailbox queries.
- Help develop a database of upcoming changes in accounting standards/regulation that will impact Real Estate fund accounting.
- Close gaps in knowledge which are identified by helping with the training of colleagues at various levels.
- Write and contribute to articles and materials of fund accounting/fund finance with a particular focus on the Real Estate sector.
- Communicate these changes, identifying and providing training where necessary.
- Co-ordinate and plan the workflow of the accounting Technical Team.
- Support the internal systems team on ongoing systems development projects.
- Perform various administrative, ad hoc or project related tasks as requested.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Fully qualified accountant.
- Extensive experience of accounts preparation & review.
- Excellent understanding of bookkeeping.
- Strong understanding of constructing financial statements and applicable standards.
- A deep knowledge of the relevant IFRS standards to our industry – with a firm understanding of UK GAAP.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Organisational and timekeeping skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to liaise effectively with internal parties and ad hoc external parties where required.
- A strong understanding of excel, sufficient to analyse, manipulate and clearly present varying complexities and quantities of financial information.
- The ability to use initiative, provide solutions and offer development with staff and processes.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience and understanding of Alternative Investment funds and administration.
- Experience of Real Estate accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Lux,GAAP.
- Previous experience reviewing VAT returns, CIS returns, payments, CRS submissions, investor reports and any other deliverables that we perform as administrators.