Senior fund administrator
Reports to: Manager
Reference: Please note all applicants for jobs in the Jersey, Channel Islands office must be entitled or entitled to work in order to apply for these positions.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team. The Administrator will be part of a team, working on a range of matters providing administration, management and secretarial services for established and new Real Estate and Private Equity Funds. The Administrator will work closely with the Manager or other designated supervisor.
The candidate will assist with servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity and real estate clients and will also assist with the set up of the corporate infrastructure of this jurisdiction.
There will also be a number of responsibilities including assisting with the distribution of call and distribution notices, interpretation of agreements, assessing client profitability, dealing with accounting, administration and other client related issues and other day to day functions.
In addition to these exciting tasks, the candidate will also have the opportunity to be involved in the take-on and setting-up of clients within the business, giving the individual exposure to a wide variety of high quality clients.
There will be a number of interesting and varied ad hoc projects.
This is a position best suited to a commercial yet technically minded person who enjoys the challenge of providing technical and operational solutions to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
Managing client relationships and administration:
- Being involved in all aspects of Real Estate and Private Equity Fund administration and coordination of Company Secretarial duties;
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds which are typically Limited Partnerships, Fund Company’s and SPVs;
- The maintenance of investor details and investor related documentation, performing calls and distributions, creating and maintaining LHFMJ’s own records of a portfolio of clients; billing and cash collection;
- The candidate will be required to participate in the creation and maintenance of Fund Company investor registers or Limited Partner registers.
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the Limited Partnership Agreement and other material agreements or legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the Fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility;
- Daily cash management tasks across a number of bank accounts. To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and to some degree, systems
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's operation including review of profitability and identification of new products or billing opportunities on existing clients
Assisting with the take-on and set-up of new clients, including
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients
- Creation of new SPVs, Limited Partnerships and Trusts, and play a pivotal role in the completion and satisfaction of LHFMJ’s KYC / AML policy for all new entities or investors
Assisting with the set up of Langham Hall Jersey:
- Drafting of infrastructure procedures and other internal documents
- Sourcing other services as required
- Building the general profile of Langham Hall in Jersey
- Assisting with the company secretarial needs of Jersey office
Ad hoc projects to assist the principals with growing the business
In addition to the duties listed above, the Administrator may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by management
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- The candidate will need to be familiar with statutory requirements and corporate governance matters, be proficient in organising board meetings for various purposes such as the acquisition and disposal of investments, admitting new investors or amendments to material fund documentation.
- The candidate will be expected to participate at meetings and thereafter have responsibility for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of minutes and resolutions for review and approval by line management and ultimately the chairman and / or board members. This is a crucial function in terms of evidencing the offshore decision making, management and control of these fund structures.
- An understanding of the agreements associated with private equity real estate and interpretation of terms within including LPA, debt documentation, sale and purchase agreements, leases etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The candidate must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to work within a team to mentor, coach and carry out on-the-job training with more junior staff.
- Company Secretarial, Real Estate and Private Equity Fund Administration and Cash Management Experience.
- Internal systems, controls and procedures – training will be given on the internal applications used and the job holder will become familiar with the controls and procedures in place. Training will also be given in relation to KYC, however it is desirable that the job holder is familiar with regulatory KYC requirements.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Word processing, Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent. Preferably completion of or working towards ICSA Diploma or similar.
- Ideally 3 or more years of demonstrable real estate or private equity / trust and company experience, preferably with some knowledge or exposure to corporate structures, SPV administration. Company Secretarial knowledge would be advantageous. We would also expect to see a reasonable understanding of cash management processes and systems.
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervision, coaching and mentoring of junior staff.