Senior analyst – Depositary
The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate and private equity funds. The individual will liaise with CFOs, financial controllers and legal counsels at fund managers, colleagues from the administration and AIFM departments and other third parties (including banks, other service providers and auditors) necessary to ensure a smooth completion of the depositary duties on timely basis. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall client director. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administer depositary services for a portfolio of clients managing real estate and private equity funds.
- Taking responsibility of all client deliverables and deadlines, organising work effectively for testing, reviewing and sign-off for key events, cash monitoring, risk assessment, asset verification, client take-on, quarterly reviews and quarterly depositary reports.
- Undertake preparation or review of key event assessments including: subscriptions, drawdowns, acquisitions, disposals, distributions, terminations and others.
- Client relationship management including ongoing multi-channel communication such as face-to-face, telephone and email and leading client meetings.
- Persevere with non-responsive clients to find alternative ways of working and solutions to aid timely delivery of information.
- Updating billing schedules ahead of quarter / period-end for sub-team clients and chase any late payments.
- Cash flow monitoring: preparation of high level reconciliations, analytical reviews and substantive testing of bank accounts.
- Safekeeping and verification of assets: verifying that assets and their economic benefit exist and are owned by the Fund. Maintaining an up to date inventory of all assets held by the Fund.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of the Fund and Fund Manager - ensuring controls and procedures adequate and are being adhered to, ensuring the fund is being managed in accordance with the fund documentation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of AIFMD requirements governing the role of depositary and client activity as well as our regulatory status and permissions.
- Train and supervise junior team members and be the first point of contact for analysts in all matters relating to core deliverables, escalating to senior line management as required.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform other ad hoc work from time to time.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Previous experience in auditing in the real estate / private equity industry (ideal candidate would have 3 years of work experience from a top 10 audit practice). Any first experience in team management would be considered as a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of the audit technics.
- Ability to understand/to investigate complex transactions including through the review of accounting records, financial reporting and legal documentations.
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive mind-set.
- Ability to think laterally about the practical application of the AIFMD, particularly in relation to the verification of a diverse portfolio of assets.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be studying towards or willing to study towards a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA.
- Fluent in English (French and German would be considered as an advantage).
To apply or for further information
Send a detailed CV to email@example.com.
For further information, call Antoine Bonte on +352 27851529.