Project Assistant (Intern)
Langham Hall is a leading multi-national fund administrator founded in U.K., with offices in Europe, the U.S. and Asia. Our clients include both well known international fund management groups and medium sized fund managers. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service. We are not a volume player - we tailor our services to each individual client and seek to add value with our deep understanding of their businesses.
Position: Project Assistant Intern
Mission: support R&D and Compliance related projects in the Hong Kong office
Period: full time position for two months, within the period from 01.06.2022 to 30.09.2022
Duties and responsibilities:
- We offer training and support in IT applications for private equity and real estate funds, the chance to develop your skills, as well as a stable and reliable working environment.
- Our Project Assistant Intern will participate in meetings and conference calls, to share the status internally with our Partner in Hong Kong and various IT software providers.
General responsibilities include:
- Perform extensive testing on each project as directed by project supervisor
- Coordination with different functional teams to collate relevant data for testing
- Validate results and initiate discussion for discrepancies
- Support database clean-up and data update from time to time
Technical knowledge / skills required:
Specific tasks regarding Financial Reporting Project include:
- Migration of financial transaction records, to new database platform by manual entry including: acquisitions, disposals, income, transaction costs, fair value and other related transactions
- Extraction of accounting reports to Excel files and also new database platform from accounting systems: Trial balance, Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other IT related ad hoc duties or IT projects.
- Any university degree in Business, Mathematic or IT degrees
- A positive attitude, a sense of satisfaction from doing your best and self-discipline are all essential
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word, Outlook