Operations Manager, Fund Administration
Reports to: Director
The individual will be a professionally qualified accountant with experience in the Luxembourg alternative funds sector. The individual will be responsible for the development and implementation projects within the Fund Administration department, relating to the implementation of processes, templates and checklists across the business and in particular relating to accounting, reporting, transfer agency and investor communications. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the identification and implementation of technological and software solutions across the business.
The individual will also be expected to take responsibility for the management of client accounting, reporting and related work, as required.
The individual will be involved in training and developing members of the Fund Administration department on technical issues and on the implementation of new processes, templates and checklists.
The individual will have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity, real estate and debt funds and other structures.
The individual may also act as a director on client structures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting operational problems that become systematic issues for delivery;
- Supervision of the implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of accounting platform;
- Supervision of the implementation and subsequent maintenance, and upgrade of Caseware (LUX GAAP, IFRS);
- Development of non-SUN supporting infrastructure for client delivery (e.g. standard sets of accounts, waterfall calculation tools, schedules);
- Monitor and review all regulatory updates assessing its impact on the business;
- Ensure that the fund and corporate accounting and related templates are updated on regular basis with the recent industry updates and updates on laws and regulations;
- Ensure implementation of latest templates and sets across Luxembourg office ;
- Development and facilitation of training to Luxembourg employees on regulatory and industry updates;
- Together with the Compliance Officer ensure the Firm’s compliance with the Policies and Procedures Manual;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of processes and client delivery;
- Continuous upgrading of the overall client delivery model;
- Consistent use of review and quality assurance ;
- Work with product heads and jurisdictional heads to devise optimal IT solution for client reporting, risk mitigation and other client requirements;
- Work with product heads and jurisdictional heads to standardise processes and templates across all jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with typical Luxembourg private equity and real estate fund structures (eg SCSps managed by full scope AIFMs) and documents (eg LPAs).
- Monitoring compliance of client structures with fund and corporate laws.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- Acting as a director on client boards.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong IT and programming skills would be an advantage.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to client servicing.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing, mentoring and motivating teams and individuals.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
The candidate will hold a professional accounting qualification at an appropriate level (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
To apply or for further information: Send a detailed CV to Keith McShea, Head of Office, Langham Hall Luxembourg Sàrl by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tatyana Boger, Director, Langham Hall Luxembourg Sàrl by email (email@example.com). For further information, call Tatyana Boger on +352 27851525.