Reports to: Associate Director
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of dedicated and professional team. The Manager will be part of a team, working on a range of matters providing administration, management and secretarial services for established and new Real Estate and Private Equity Funds. The Manager will work closely with the Director or other designated supervisor.
The candidate will assist with servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity and real estate clients and will liaise with the CFO and finance team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines are met.
There will also be a number of responsibilities including draft/assisting with distribution of call and distribution notices, interpretation of agreements, assessing clients profitability dealing with accounting, administration and other client related issues and other day to day functions.
There will be a number of interesting and varied ad hoc projects.
This is a position best suited to a commercial yet technically minded person who enjoys the challenge of providing technical and operational solutions to our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
Managing client relationships and accounting responsibilities
- Being involved in all aspects of Real Estate and Private Equity Fund administration and coordination of Company Secretarial duties;
- Carrying out the day to day administration of real estate and private equity funds which a typically Limited Partnerships, Unit Trusts, Fund Company's and SPVs;
- The maintenance of investor details and investor related documentation, performing calls and distributions, creating and maintaining LHG's own records of portfolio of clients, billing and cash collection;
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the Limited Partnership Agreement and other material agreements or legal documents relating to the management, control and administration of the Fund vehicles for which they have primary responsibility;
- Daily cash management tasks across a number of bank accounts. To be familiar with banking and payment processes, formatting and to some degree, systems. Activity on various accounts will include payment of expenses, dividends, carry, distribution and capital calls and the reconciliation of these receipts on a timely basis and the utilisation of overnight, daily or longer term fixed deposit facilities. These tasks will require liaison with the clients as well as banking institutions as appropriate;
- To liaise with law firms as appropriate in relation to the activities of specific entities and transactions;
- Review of deliverables to clients, including (periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues) with fund accountants;
- Dealing with year-end audit issues including ensuring preparation of relevant files and resolving issues;
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation’s operation including review of profitability and identification of new products or billing opportunities on existing clients.
Organising take-on and set-up of new clients, including:
- Coordinating the initial secretarial and regulatory needs of clients;
- In conjunction with the Director to prepare proposals/ quotes and supporting information;
- Creation of new SPV’s, Limited Partnerships and Trusts, and play a pivotal role in the completion and satisfaction of LHG’s KYC / AML policy for all new entities or investors;
- Responsible for client due diligence, negotiation of terms, identification of scope and monitoring compliance with company procedures.
- Act as first point of contact for queries from team members
- Provide support and guidance to team members, acting as a mentor and role model
- Managing performance of direct reports through the Performance Management process, including Performance Review meetings and objective setting.
- Understand team member career aspirations and develop the skills required for them to progress
- Manage the day to day workload of the team, including effective delegation and resource management
- Support the recruitment process, reviewing CV’s and conducting interviews with potential candidates.
Assisting with the set-up of Langham Hall Guernsey:
- Liaison with the JFSC and other regulatory bodies be they in relation to the permits or consents issued to the funds or the functionaries or in relation to statutory filings etc for fund related vehicles e.g., Guernsey incorporated companies;
- Drafting of infrastructure procedures and other internal documents;
- Sourcing other services as required;
- Building the general profile of Langham Hall in Guernsey;
- Assisting with the company secretarial needs of Guernsey office.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Manager may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by the Director.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- The candidate will need to be familiar with statutory requirements and corporate governance matters, be proficient in organising board meetings for various purposes such as the acquisition and disposal of investments, admitting new investors or amendments to material fund documentation.
- The candidate will be expected to participate fully at such meetings and thereafter have responsibility for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of minutes and resolutions for review and approval by line management and ultimately the chairman and / or board members. This is a crucial function in terms of evidencing the offshore decision making, management and control of these fund structures.
- The directors of the Management companies to the Fund(s) will expect the Manager to understand complex transactions and structures and to be able to effectively communicate this to these individuals in a clear and meaningful way.
- A deep understanding of the agreements associated with private equity real estate and interpretation of terms within including LPA, debt documentation, sale and purchase agreements, leases etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The candidate must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to work within a team to mentor, coach and carry out on-the-job training with more junior staff
- Company Secretarial, Real Estate and Private Equity Fund Administration and Cash Management Experience.
- Internal systems, controls and procedures – training will be given on the internal applications used and the job holder will become familiar with the controls and procedures in place. Training will also be given in relation to KYC, however it is desirable that the job holder is familiar with regulatory KYC requirements.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Word processing, Internet software, E-Mail, Database software and Excel Spreadsheets
- Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervision, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Develop a mentoring relationship with all direct reports and build on this throughout the year.
- Manage team workloads and ensure more challenging tasks are given during the year.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.