Learning and Development Administrator (L&D)
Reports to: HR and L&D Manager (HR/L&D.M)
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as
part of a dedicated and professional team to design, develop and deliver an outstanding
training and development programme across the Langham Hall group.
Duties and responsibilities:
Learning & Development / Training (Internal and External)
- Support the (HR/L&D.M) with the design and implementation of the Development Pathway.
- Design and execute a TNA identifying training gaps in the business.
- Align business needs and training gaps through the annual training programme.
- Continuously research and propose innovative new methods for training delivery.
- Implement revised annual training programme, including logistics, delivery, materials, attendance, feedback, evolution.
- Arrange trainers (both internal and external) to deliver sessions in line with the training programme where required.
- First point of contact for day to day relationship with training provider including SLA and monthly calls, escalating to HR/L&D.M where SLA is not met.
- First point of contact for relationships with professional institutes and
- communications to members in the business, escalating industry changes to HR/L&D.M.
- Ensure requirements to maintain professional accreditations are implemented and monitored within the business, escalating to HR/L&D.M where there are gaps.
- Oversee training contract content for the business and suggest to HR/L&D.M changes that maybe required to align employee and business requirements.
- Work with HR Administrator to monitor employees on training contracts and their employee lifecycle.
- Develop and manage the L&D component of onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Take ownership of the L&D matrix for professional studies and report to HR/L&D.M.
- Responsible for coordination of professional study bookings with training provider on behalf of employees and in line with criteria set by HR/L&D.M.
- Support HR/L&D.M in management of the PER quarterly committee meetings end to end.
Mentoring and Coaching Programmes
- Support the HR/L&D.M to ensure the mentoring and coaching programmes are managed and implemented in line with business needs.
- Build relationships with external contacts to drive the recruitment of graduates year on year (next intake scheduled for September 2019).
- Support the management of graduate cohorts year on year through their training contracts and employee life cycle.
- Support HR/L&D.M to develop and evolve the graduate programme to meet business requirements and maximise opportunities to recruit elite graduates.
Systems and Performance Management
- Support HR/L&D.M in development of the HRIS to support systematic administration of L&D function for employees and the business, including reporting to the Senior Management Team.
- Manage the ongoing reporting of the L&D elements of KPIs for the business, to the Senior Management Team.
- Work with HR/L&D.M to develop the L&D framework to support internal development of employees and alignment with evolving business needs, including but not limited to identifying talent and the promotional framework.
- Ensure invoices meet agreed costs and are passed to HR/L&D.M for approval in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordination of apprenticeship contracts with training providers and oversee apprentice(s) training in business to ensure requirements are being met.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other
ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- CIPD Qualified in L&D Level 3 preferred or willing to study towards.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an L&D support role.
- Good analytical skills using quantitative data, with the ability to make qualitative judgments and recommendations for next steps.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills, including PowerPoint
- Excellent oral communications skills, including high energy, enthusiastic, motivational
- Acts with professionalism and integrity
- Experience of using an LMS would be an advantage