Reports to: IT Manager
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team. The IT Assistant will have responsibility for IT support for the global IT function. There will be scope for improving the IT function and processes whilst ensuring that our IT solution is cost effective and sustainable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- AD permission management.
- O365 administration.
- Mimecast administration.
- Avaya system manager administration.
- Evaluating user and business needs and ensuring that IT solutions in place meet these needs on an ongoing basis;
- Planning and managing desk moves when required.
- Maintaining working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring cost maintenance.
- Manage IT helpdesk calls in order to ensure all are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Scheduling software and hardware upgrades and in consultation with relevant third parties.
- Maintaining smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and remote monitoring.
- Facilitating the provision of secure access to the network for remote users;
- Acting as the first point of contact at Langham Hall for all IT and desktop related queries, providing user training and offering users appropriate support and advice;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Able to follow strict procedures.
- Experience of effectively presenting information to users where they can easily understand and respond to questions from Senior Management regarding the infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work.
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
- Experience troubleshooting office network issues.
- Strong IT skills.
Required Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience working in a 1st line support role.
- Strong technical knowledge of Active Directory, O365, Office 2013 including Outlook.
- Knowledgeable on terminal services, network infrastructure and network patching.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Office 2013/2016.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager telephone system or similar VOIP system would be an advantage, but is not essential.
The candidate will have an IT related degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years desktop support experience.