Reports to: Operations group Luxembourg and IT Manager, London
This is opportunity for a driven individual with knowledge in IT systems and functions. The IT Assistant will have primary responsibility for IT support for the Luxembourg IT function. The IT Assistant will also interact with the Langham Hall group IT function to ensure consistent approach to security and development. There will be scope for improving IT function and processes whilst ensuring that the IT solution is cost effective and sustainable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- AD permission management.
- O365 administration.
- Mimecast administration.
- Avaya system manager administration.
- Evaluating user and business needs and ensuring that IT solutions in place meet these needs on an ongoing basis;
- Planning and managing desk moves when required.
- Maintaining working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring cost maintenance.
- Manage IT helpdesk calls in order to ensure all are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Scheduling software and hardware upgrades and in consultation with relevant third parties.
- Maintaining smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and remote monitoring.
- Facilitating the provision of secure access to the network for remote users;
- Acting as the first point of contact at Langham Hall for all IT and desktop related queries, providing user training and offering users appropriate support and advice;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Able to follow strict procedures.
- Experience of effectively presenting information to users where they can easily understand and respond to questions from Senior Management regarding the infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work.
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
- Experience troubleshooting office network issues.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Experience working in a 1st line support role.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, O365, Office 2013 including Outlook.
- Knowledgeable on terminal services, network infrastructure and network patching.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Office 2013/2016.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager telephone system or similar VOIP system would be an advantage, but is not essential
The candidate will have an IT related degree or equivalent. Previous desktop support experience would be an advantage.