Reports to: Assistant Fund Accountant and Graduate Scheme Supervisor
To support our ongoing growth, the Langham Hall graduate scheme provides excellent candidates with the opportunity to learn and train in a structured environment. They will receive study support towards their preferred accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA). The programme lasts for 36 months with rotation through our client facing businesses, focusing on fund accounting. At the end of the first year, successful graduates will be promoted to an Assistant Accountant position within a specific team.
Duties and responsibilities:
Below are some of the core skills our graduates will be learning:
- Interaction with some of the highest profile fund managers and investors in alternative assets;
- Accounting for structures and investments in private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure funds;
- Intensive training from the basics of bookkeeping to construction of complex financial statements and consolidations;
- Technical training on the impact of the latest accounting standards;
- Building financial models based on funds’ legal agreements;
- Managing a range of associated deliverables including compliance reporting, tax and ad hoc accounting projects;
- Learning how to manage a team including delegation and organisational skills; and
- Life skills such as leadership, communication and problem solving.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- A 2:1 degree from a recognised University;
- Strong A-Levels and GCSEs;
- A keen awareness and interest in the alternative investment industry;
- A desire to become a qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA);
- Good MS Excel and MS Word skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong numeracy and literacy; and
- Intellectual curiosity.
Langham graduate leaflet