Assistant fund accountants
Reports to: Manager – Fund Accounting
We currently have opportunities for school leavers / graduates to join our Jersey office. The individuals will work in a team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all files are adequately maintained.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system (SUN) for all transaction related activity.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties or projects as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Interest in accounting.
- Relevant practical work experience would be an advantage.
- Be self-motivating, adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers and clients,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Intermediate / advanced excel and word skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.