Assistant fund accountant
Reports to: Manager – Fund Accounting
The individual will work in a team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including
- liaison with client over transaction related queries.
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the
- treatment of business transactions.
- Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to
- provide informative and concise information.
- Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics.
- Dealing with year end audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company
- Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting
- Collect appropriate data and preparing HMRC submissions (VAT & CIS) and tax returns.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties
or projects as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- A working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a funds environment.
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated working use of accounting packages.
- Must hold an Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business (ACCA) or equivalent.