Reports to: Assistant fund accountant
We currently have opportunities for prospective accountants to join our London office. The individuals will work in our core client delivery teams servicing the accounting and administration needs of a portfolio of clients. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
This role will be suitable for someone that is looking for a supportive environment in which to become a qualified accountant, gain a thorough set if technical and professional services skills and who has a minimum of 6 - 12 months of professional bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for the real estate customers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of cash transactions, purchase and sales invoices, accruals and prepayments and investment transactions.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.