Reports to: Fund accountant
Joining a team within the leading provider of specialist accounting and administration services to private equity and real estate funds. Our clients include both well known international fund management groups and medium sized fund managers. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service. We are not a volume player - we tailor our services to each individual client and seek to add value with our deep understanding of their businesses. We offer full training and support in private equity and real estate funds, the chance to develop your skills, as well as a stable and reliable working environment. We offer examination support (such as paid exam leave) to part-qualified accountants completing their professional qualification.
Duties and responsibilities:
- supporting the preparation of financial statements and other accounting reports for our clients;
- liaison with the client’s working team members in both Mandarin and English to request accounting information and discuss accounting issues;
- recording transactions in our financial accounting system, including bookkeeping for purchase and sales invoices, bank reconciliations, and analysis of fund transactions;
- administration work including preparing fund correspondence and notices, and ensuring that our permanent files are adequately maintained for new and existing clients; and
- supporting the client during the year-end audit, including the preparation of audit schedules.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- accounting graduates with a strong academic track and a suitable accounting focused degree;
- intention to make a career as an accountant and purse a professional accounting qualification;
- a positive attitude, a sense of satisfaction from doing your best and self-discipline are all essential;
- excellent written and spoken Mandarin and English communication skills;
- experience in using accounting packages for bookkeeping and report production is helpful but not essential; and
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience, including the ability to produce neatly presented work.
Please include the following information on your CV:
- details of your full academic record including exams taken and grades obtained from high school through university (transcripts are not required at the initial stage);
- work experience; and
- current and expected salary.