Senior fund accountant
Reports to: Director
The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate debt, real estate and private equity funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers and legal counsel at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meeting and other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall client director. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes for debt funds, real estate funds and private equity funds including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg companies/funds investing in debt, real estate and private equity in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Consolidation of group of companies.
- Calculation of management fees/equalisation charges and performance fees and interest of PPLs.
- Loans, real estate and private equity transaction-related administration including review of documents, preparation of minutes and related accounting.
- Compilation and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Attendance at board and shareholder meetings and the preparation of board minutes.
- Client onboarding including project managing the CDD process.
- Monitoring compliance with fund and corporate laws and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparing Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- In due course, acting as a director on client boards.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- An understanding of Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within the real estate or private equity sector.
- Understanding the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by real estate and private equity managers.
- An understanding of the Fund structures in particular debt funds.
- Ability to write reports, minutes, business correspondence and procedure manuals at asset and fund level.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from manager clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will hold a strong masters or bachelors degree and hold a professional accounting qualification at an appropriate level (ACA, ACCA or equivalent);
- The candidate will have experience of minimum 3 years in a relevant fund industry
For further information, please call Tatyana Boger on +352 2785 1525