Senior compliance officer
LHL is seeking a senior officer to join its Compliance Department for a 12 months period to cover a maternity leave.
He/she will be responsible to support the Compliance department in designing, evaluating, supporting, and influencing a culture of compliance throughout the organization, as well as assisting in the management and execution of an efficient AML monitoring program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To undertake the compliance monitoring programme for LHL’s clients and drafting tailored reports to the boards and presenting findings and recommendations as appropriate;
- To ensure LHL complies with the law of 5 April 1993 of the financial sector (as amended) and the law of 12 November 2004 on the fight against money laundering and terrorist (as amended) and other applicable laws, circulars and guidance and its internal policies and procedures;
- Assist the board of LHL and the management teams of the administration and depositary businesses by reviewing potential new clients, including the review of new business take-on forms, client due diligence profiles, risk assessments, client identification documents and other documents as appropriate;
- Review clients for adherence to applicable law and regulation;
- To act as the principal point of contact for LHL on all regulatory and compliance matters;
- Monitoring changes to applicable law, regulation and guidance and preparing LHL’s quarterly compliance report to the Board;
- Review individual funds for compliance with applicable regulation and report on any findings with recommended actions where appropriate;
- Draft reports to senior management and the boards where required and be able to present these at board meetings, management meetings or to individual directors;
- Monitoring that the internal policies and procedures are being consistently and effectively adhered to;
- Acting as primary liaison with LHL’s internal auditor;
- Assessing and recommending amendments to internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework; and
- Maintaining records for each entity, to include conflicts, breaches, complaints and any other records that may be required to be kept from a compliance perspective.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- The candidate will need to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements under the law of 5 April 1993 of the financial sector (as amended) and the law of 12 November 2004 on the fight against money laundering and terrorist (as amended).
- Ability to draft reports, business correspondence, policy documents and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, directors and clients.
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and flexible in approach to the work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work within a team to mentor, coach and carry out on-the-job training with more junior staff
- Internal systems, controls and procedures - training will be given on the internal applications used and the candidate will become familiar with the controls and procedures in place. Training will also be given in relation to internal customer due diligence procedures; however it is desirable that the job holder is familiar with the regulatory requirements.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- The candidate should have an intermediate to advanced experience of Microsoft Office, mainly Word, Excel and Outlook, and Internet search engines.
- Fluent in English (French or German would be considered as an advantage).
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- Ideally 5 or more years of demonstrable experience within the financial services industry with a detailed understanding of the regulatory obligations of a Professional of the Financial Sector in Luxembourg.
- A good understanding of anti-money laundering legislation and client due diligence requirements as it applies to a Luxembourg professional of the financial sector.
- This position is required to be performed in Luxembourg.
- Ability to work in a small company environment with focused and hardworking individuals
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation
- The will have a legal or accounting qualification or have equivalent skills and experience.
To apply or for further information
Send a detailed CV to email@example.com. For further information, call Sophie Vallee-Berthold on +352 27851520.