Junior compliance associate
We currently have an opportunity for a highly organised and detailed oriented Junior Compliance Associate to join our London office. The successful candidate should have between 6-18 months experience carrying out Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) on-boarding or Operational Due Diligence (“ODD”) checks. Initially the Junior Compliance Associate will be an active participant in an ongoing project to review and update Langham Hall’s existing AML / CDD records. The individual will work in a team responsible for carrying out AML / CDD on-boarding for the AIFM, Depositary and Real Estate Fund administration business units of Langham Hall.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accurately maintaining logs necessary to provide management information as part of Langham Hall’s AML compliance framework;
- Monitoring assigned compliance inbox and responding to emails in a timely manner;
- Carrying out AML / CDD checks on new and existing customers of Langham Hall, including:
- Obtaining documentary evidence of identity in line with Langham Hall’s AML / CDD policy and Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (“JMLSG”) guidance;
- Carrying out sanctions / PEP screening on new and existing customers of Langham Hall;
- Carrying out initial risk assessment in line with Langham Hall’s financial crime risk management framework, and
- Carrying out Enhanced Due Diligence Checks.
- Ensuring that all AML CDD files are adequately maintained for existing and new customers.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad-hoc duties or projects as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required:
The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with the UK’s money laundering regulations, JMLSG Guidance and FCA’s Financial Crime Handbook;
- Have, or be willing to undertake studies to obtain, an ICA compliance qualification;
- Be a critical thinker with excellent problem solving abilities;
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational and written / oral communication skills;
- Have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access as well as industry leading screening tools, e.g. World Check;
- Have an ability to accurately present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients;
- Have prior experience carrying out AML / CDD or ODD checks, and
- Have a minimum of an upper second class degree.
- Be fluent in French, German or Dutch;
- Experience building an MS Access database would be a bonus.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General visa.