Graduate fund accountant
The role will be primarily accounting-focused and will also include all aspects of operation and administration of a portfolio of funds and other structures (accounting, budgeting, tax, company secretarial, regulatory and compliance) mainly in the private equity and real estate sector. The individual will assist with the servicing a portfolio of funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with fund manager clients, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, assistance with periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meetings and other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall administrator, manager and director.
Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA) as part of the package.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic financial statements.
- Real estate and private equity transaction-related administration.
- Compilation of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Administrative compliance with fund and corporate laws and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting with Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Dealing with client acceptance in accordance with applicable anti-money laundering rules.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Recently graduated in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Fluent in English (French or German would be considered as an advantage).
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a small environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Strong client communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to write basic reports, minutes, business correspondence.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will hold a strong masters or bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
For further information, call Mylene Covalcique on +352 27851527