Assistant Fund Accountant - Part time
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented individual to make a real difference as part of a dedicated and professional team. As a fund accountant in Langham Hall’s London office, the individual will be responsible for providing accounting and administrative services to a portfolio of real estate clients.
This is a position best suited to an accountant with good experience in preparation of annual accounts and understanding transactions. In addition a good knowledge of consolidations and group accounts will be necessary.
Job type: Part time
Flexible Working Hours:
- The role should entail 1 – 2 weeks of work per quarter (75 hours) which may increase over time
- Usual working hours are 09:00 to 17:30 with an hour for lunch
Duties and responsibilities:
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level, including supporting files and review of all work produced by team.
- VAT reporting.
- Cashflow forecasting and treasury work.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the organisation's operations
In addition to the duties listed above, the candidate may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- Strong technical accounting skills, ideally gained within real estate funds or an asset management environment.
- A full understanding of UK GAAP or IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and proactive approach and professional attitude to work.
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Sun Systems
The candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA newly qualified – 1 year PQE.