Reports to: Assistant fund accountant
We currently have opportunities for graduates to join our London office. The individuals will work in a team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients. There will be a number of responsibilities as outlined below.
Duties and responsibilities:
- ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing and new clients;
- preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts;
- updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of purchase invoices and sales invoices;
- preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team; and
- administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties or projects as requested and as experience is gained.
Technical knowledge / skills required:
- interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients);
- ability to draft reports and business correspondence;
- ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients;
- ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence;
- the individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- numeracy and good written skills;
- prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous; and
- minimum of an upper second class degree is essential.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General visa.